Pages

21 December 2009

Homophobe Parent Behaves Like An Ass

Parent Files Complaint Against Gay Teacher for Corrupting Child's Innocence

What did the teacher do? Why, she announced to her class that she was getting married to another woman! And this asshat "parent" made a big fucking deal over it.

Why not just be happy for the woman? She's getting married to the one she loves, which is a beautiful thing!

But some people just can't wrap their heads around the idea that love isn't restricted to people of the opposite sex. (Or, thinking of a triad I know, solely the cisgendered.*)

I don't get what the big deal is over gay marriage. We're people, we live, we love, we want to formally declare that love -- JUST LIKE YOU. "Civil unions" won't cut it; I seem to recall a time when "separate but equal" was applied to another group of people, and that didn't work out well at all. Civil rights are for ALL people, regardless of color, gender, sexual orientation, or any other arbitrary division you can think of.

*cisgendered -- this is the term for people who are not transgendered, that is, our physical gender and our mental gender match up.

1 comment:

  1. All I can say is that, that "parent" needs to fucking grow up...

    I shake my head in dismay at the foolishness of some folks.

    ReplyDelete

I've shared my thoughts, here's your chance to share yours!