Pages

13 November 2009

Things You Don't Think About #2: When your parents compare you to Sesame Street characters, they might have a point.

I remember, at various times and ages, in my childhood, being compared to Oscar the Grouch.

Today, I heard Sesame Street mentioned a few times (40th anniversary or something), and that got me thinking about a Sesame Street Persona quiz, and how I was going to make one (if someone hadn't already).

Well, one was made over at OKCupid

And, surprise, surprise, I am:

Your result for The Your SESAME STREET Persona Test...

Oscar the Grouch

You scored 33% Organization, 53% abstract, and 31% extroverted!

This test measured 3 variables.

First, this test measured how organized you are. Some muppets like Cookie Monster make big messes, while others like Bert are quite anal about things being clean.

Second, this test measured if you prefer a concrete or an abstract viewpoint. For the purposes of this test, concrete people are considered to gravitate more to mathematical and logical approaches, whereas abstract people are more the dreamers and artistic type.

Third, this test measured if you are more of an introvert or an extrovert. By definition, an introvert concentrates more on herself and an extrovert focuses more on others. In this test an introvert was somebody that either tends to spend more time alone or thinks more about herself.

You are more sloppy, both concrete and abstract, and more introverted.



Here is why are you Oscar the Grouch.

You are both sloppy. You might not always know where everything you need is. Perhaps you don't even care. You don't live in a trash can though.


You both can be concrete or abstract thinkers. Oscar's vision of life is very dreamy in an unusual way. His greatest pleasure is being unhappy, but the act of being unhappy makes him happy... which is exactly what he doesn't want. That's quite abstract. You have a good balance in your life. You know when to be logical at times, but you also aren't afraid to explore your dreams and desires within limits.


You are both quite introverted. For whatever reason you are uncomfortable in social settings. You probably have one or two people that you are close with. You'd rather do things by yourself and you dislike working in groups. Oscar hates it when people bug him.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Take The Your SESAME STREET Persona Test at OkCupid

1 comment:

  1. I got Snuffelupagus. My parents used to compare me to Oscar as well, and he's one of my favorites. He's actually interesting, and I like his type of humor. Some of the others are boring...I wish I had a stuffed Oscar when I was a kid!

    ReplyDelete

I've shared my thoughts, here's your chance to share yours!